Thank You For Volunteering as a LIVE CHAT Operator: FAQ's
- What is a LIVE Chat Operator? A Volunteer that works our website, making themselves available should a woman (potential member) need to ask questions about our organization.
- Do I have to go to an actual office? No.
- Where/How do I log-in? You'll log-on to our "chat system" via your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
- What is the Volunteer Schedule? You set your own schedule. The week before, you will receive the schedule format, just complete and send back.
- When is Live Chat active? We are online from 10am Eastern to 10pm Eastern (M-F) , and 12pm Eastern to 5pm Eastern (Sat & Sun)
- Do I have to sit in front of my computer the entire time? No. Our current volunteer operators have full-time jobs or they are stay-at-home moms. They simply sign-on for their selected shift and go about their business cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids/family or working.
- How will I know if someone needs to chat? When someone enters the website you will hear a knock (as if someone were at your door). IF someone engages and wants to chat, we've set the system so it will ring (like a home telephone). At that time you must be available to "chat" and engage.
- What if I've never suffered a Miscarriage, Stillbirth or Early Infant Loss? Can I still be a Live Chat Operator? Yes. We are getting request from "good people" like yourself who have been fortunate to NOT have experienced this heartbreak, but want to help. For this position, you simply must have empathy and compassion. If you've ever experienced a tragedy or grief and have recovered, your triumph over that grief allows you to connect with someone experiencing grief. The women searching for help have just been devastated and are looking for comfort. You're our "front line" and the first person they may engage with from our organization.
- Is there training? Yes. We offer an online Web Training that you must complete and pass. In addition, you will be included in our monthly meetings to keep you in-the-loop of the wonderful things happening with our organization. We're all a team and our global mission needs great people like you.