It's not just a day, it's a movement!
What is Giving Tuesday?
• GivingTuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
• GivingTuesday brings together a global community around ideals of generosity + collective action.
• GivingTuesday was founded as a simple idea: to bring people together for a day of giving back. It has since spread like a wave across the world, with over 160 countries in 2018. Now in its 8th year, nearly every country on earth is participating in GivingTuesday.
• In an increasingly divided world, GivingTuesday represents a new global ritual based in joy and hope, proving that acts of kindness and goodwill can transcend country, race, religion and political ideals, and create connections between people.
• GivingTuesday isn’t just about fundraising, it’s about communities banding together and giving of their time, power, skills, expertise, and resources.